In which cases is extra seat allocated?
Passengers may request an extra seat due to some special reasons. The price requested for the normal seat is also requested for this extra seat.
Can I make use of wheelchair service free of charge?
The passengers requesting wheelchair should bring a medical report not older than 10 days concerning their illness and this report should contain the expression that the passenger should travel in wheelchair. The passengers can make use of wheelchair service free of charge under these conditions; otherwise they should pay for this service.
WCMP Manual (power-driven) wheelchair
WCBD Dry-cell battery-powered wheelchair
WCBW Wet-cell battery-powered wheelchair
Wheelchairs using dry batteries will be taken on-board once the batteries have been switched off
Wheelchairs using wet-cell batteries will be taken on-board once the batteries have been removed and insulated.
Switching off , removal and insulation of these batteries are under passenger responsible.
Up to which month can I fly during my pregnancy?
Passenger declaration about the duration of pregnancy is essential. Passengers up to the 28th weeks (7 months) of pregnancy are not prompted any report. Atlasglobal may ask a pregnant passenger to declare how many babies she’s expecting and to confirm the stage (how many weeks) of pregnancy.
Pregnant passengers with single baby after the end of 28th week, (7 months completed) until the end of 35th week (is not beyond day 36th week) need to present a report from their doctors that contains the phrase “there is not any doubt to travelling by aeroplane“ stating that passenger is fit to fly. After completion of 35th week, passenger can not allowed to fly even with a doctor's report.
Pregnant passengers with multiples(two or more babies), from the end of 28th week, until the end of 32th week (is not beyond day 33th week) need to present a report from their doctors that contains the phrase “there is not any doubt to travelling by aeroplane“ stating that passenger is fit to fly. After completion of 32th week, passenger can not allowed to fly even with a doctor's report.
The report must be provided by a medical specialist and should be written on an official letterhead of the doctor or health care institution containing the following terms and conditions.
- Date of issue of the report must be specified and the date may not be over 7 days.
- The doctor's name, surname, diploma number and signature must be shown clearly
- The report should be issued in English or Turkish. If passenger has a report in another language; airline representative translates the related report of “there is not any doubt to travelling by aeroplane” in another sheet, specifying their name, surname with title of the duty and attaches to the passenger report. This document shall be signed by the passenger. After careful consideration of the document, passenger can be accepted to the flight.
Cabin Baggage is the carriage of the special baggage of the passenger on a purchased extra seat on the plane.
Refers to items that may be carried as block seat baggage in the cabin. Passengers will pay for an additional seat charge in order to bring onboard a CBBG. A service request for CBBG must be made at least 24 hours prior to Estimated Time of Departure (ETD). Articles over 75 kg (165 lbs) of weight per seat shall not be accepted. Passengers are responsible for loading and unloading the CBBG in and out of the aircraft.
Carriying Pets in the Cabin
Which animals can be carried inside the cabin?
Only cats, dogs and small birds (goldfinch, budgeriger, canary,parrot) can be carried inside the cabin. Dangerous dog breeds like American Pittbull Terrier, Amerikan Staffordshire Terrier, Bull Terrier, Staffordshire Bull Terrier, Japanese Tosa, Dogo Argentino, Doberman, Pincher Doberman, Rottweiler are not accepted to our flights. Pet carriage is subjected to a fee.
What are the conditions of carrying pets on board?
• Carrying pets in the cabin is subject to making reservation. The reservation should be made until 6 hours prior the scheduled flight.
• Pets should be carried in a container of 23x40x55 cm. 2 dogs-2 birds excluding cats can be carried in the same cage. (5 pets that are not older than 30 days old can be carried together if they do not exceed 8 kg in total.)
• Pets should not exceed 8 kg when weighted together with their containers/cages.
• Pets must have health and vaccination certificates and ID's.
• If the required documents are not presented and the container is not appropriate, Atlasglobal reserves the right not to allow the carriage of pet.
• In Cyprus flights, pets are kept in quarantine for 10 days at arrival.
• It is prohibited to transport pets smaller than 3 months and without "rabies blood test" to Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus.
• In Ukraine flights, 2 animals of the one breed may be transported together in one container, provided that their total weight together with container does not exceed 8 kg. The container is not larger than 45x35x23 cm.
• Animals/Pets cannot be carried on London flights.
• In accordance with the Federal Service for Veterinary and Phytosanitary Surveillance note dated by 15.08.2018 №FS-NV-7/19992 in order to prevent introduction of the virus of African swine fever into the Russian Federation from China, we inform you that transportation of animal products in hand luggage from China is restricted.
What is the fee for the pet carried on board?
As of August 13nd, 2018 carrying of pets is subject to fixed price of 70 TL in domestic and Cyprus flights.
Dry Ice or Carbon Dioxide Solid Carrige
Dry Ice or Carbon Dioxide Solid Carriage
What are the rules for dry ice/carbon dioxide solid carriage?
Dry-ice packages in amounts of (2.5 kg) or less is allowed when used to cool non-hazardous perishables in carry-on or checked baggage. You should get approval from Customer Relations Department firstname.lastname@example.org When checking-in for your flights you need to notify the ticket agent you are traveling with the Dry-Ice.
Oxygen Transport and In-Flight Oxygen
What are the rules for oxygen tank transport and supplemental oxygen?
Oxygen tank carriage request should be made at least 48 hours before departure by calling our call center 0850 222 00 00 or by your travel agency. (Requests made in the last 24 hours cannot be processed.)
While making the reservation, it must be stated wheather the patient requires supplemental oxygen and how many litres. Atlasglobal would answer this need according to this information.
The patient’s own oxygen tank could not be accepted in cabin. It could be carried only if they’re completely empty.
We would require a medical certificate issued a maximum of 10 days before departure by your physician to certify fitness to travel as well as the need for the patient of oxygen amount indicated in liters per minute. The medical certificate mentioned above must be written either in Turkish or English.
The patient should be accompanied by medical companion, Atlasglobal would not provide this service.
The fee for oxygen carriage is 50 TL in domestic flights and 50 USD in international flights.
Passengers With Special Needs
Passengers With Disability and/or Reduced Mobility
Passenger with disability or reduced mobility is a passenger requiring special care and adaptation according to the needs of the passenger while using the means of transport due to any permanent or temporary, physical, mental, old-age related or any other disability of sensory or locomotor abilities.
WCHR (Passenger with Walking Disability): The passenger can manage the steps and does not need assistance in the cabin. He/she requires a wheelchair until reaching the aircraft.
WCHS (Passenger with Severe Walking Disability): The passenger can not manage the steps; however, he/she does not need assistance in the cabin. /she requires a wheelchair until reaching the aircraft.
WCHC (Passenger unable to Walk): He/she needs assistance in the cabin to reach his/her seat and to be seated. He/she can sit with the backrest in the upright position.
BLIND: Visually impaired passenger
DEAF: Hearing impaired passenger
DEAF/MUTE: Deaf and mute passenger
Atlasglobal Airlines does not deny the boarding of a passenger with a valid ticket and reservation due to his/her disability or reduced mobility except for exceptional and special cases.
Priority is given to the carriage of the passengers with disability or reduced mobility and their companions and guide dogs.
Exceptional and special cases
Atlasglobal Airlines may deny the reservation or boarding of the passenger with disability or reduced mobility due to the following reasons;
1. To fulfill the requirements of national and international legislations for aviation safety,
2. Physical impossibility of the boarding or carriage of the passenger with disability or reduced mobility due to the size of the aircraft or its doors,
3. When the capacity of passengers with disability or reduced mobility which is 10% of total seat capacity is full in each Atlasglobal Airlines flight. Atlasglobal Airlines may offer another alternative for the said passenger in exceptional cases when possible. The passenger whose boarding is denied in exceptional cases due to his/her disability or reduced mobility and his/her companion, if any, may be offered refund or the right of route change if possible. As per our safety rules and IATA rules, we can not accept the following passengers on Atlasglobal flights even if they have medical report;
• Passengers who are required to use electrical or air-pressured devices during the flight (except for the oxygen tube provided by our Company)
• Passengers having asthma attack prior to closing of the aircraft doors
• Passengers having contagious disease (Chicken pox, Measles, Whooping Cough, Mumps e.g). They are not accepted on flight in communicable period
• Pregnant passengers after 35 weeks (35 weeks + 6 days) for single pregnancy; after 32 weeks (32 weeks + 6 days) for multiple pregnancy
• Passengers undergoing by-pass and cardiac infarct operation up to 10 days after the operation
• Passengers undergoing thoracic surgery operation up to 11 days after the operation
• Passengers having cerebral hemorrhage up to 5 days after the date of hemorrhage
Information and Reservation
The need of assistance notified in writing or verbally at least 48 (forty eight) hours prior to the flight for a comfortable and safe flight of the passengers with disability and reduced mobility is notified to the relevant ground handling company at least 36 (thirty six) hours prior the time of departure. The number of passengers with disability or reduced mobility who need assistance and the type of assistance is notified to the ground handling company at the destination point, regardless of being domestic or abroad, for the necessary coordination.
Request for Companion
Atlasglobal Airlines may request companion for the passengers with disability and reduced mobility who can not travel alone in order to provide the assistance needed. Cabin companion is not requested for the passengers who indicate that they do not need. Passenger gives the information of his/her companion at the time of ticket purchase. Upon the purchase of the ticket, the passenger with disability or reduced mobility accepts the accuracy of his/her declaration and all responsibility about the problems which may arise from flying without companion.
Our Services in the Airport
The process of service in the airport for the passengers with disability and reduced mobility is conducted through the coordination of Atlasglobal Airlines with the ground handling companies including the transit or transfer to another flight. The passengers with disability and reduced mobility should be ready at check-in point not later than 1 hour prior to the announced departure time for domestic flights, and not later than 2 hours prior to the announced departure time for international flights in order to complete the process on time. Priority baggage tax is used to easily identify the baggage of the passengers with disability and reduced mobility. The check in of the passengers who present themselves at the counter and need assistance is completed in Business Class counter without waiting. The passengers with disability and reduced mobility are seated in the window side of the first 8 rows as far as possible. As per the aviation rules, it is forbidden to seat said passengers at emergency exit rows.
Our Services at the Time of Boarding
We pay attention to make you board before the other passengers so that you can be seated more easily and comfortably in the aircraft. Our cabin crew will meet you at the door of the aircraft and introduce themselves. They will help you be seated and meet your needs. They are responsible for placing your hand baggage, if any, in the overhead bins with your approval and giving it back to you upon your request.
Our Services During the Flight
We offer the following services to ensure that you have a pleasant and safe flight: You will be informed about the in-flight safety rules as per your disability. After the visually impaired passengers are boarded, cabin crew will show maximum attention to introduce the aircraft safety measures and the crew. If you are given a seat at the emergency exit during check-in, our cabin crew will help you change your seat as per the safety rules. Our cabin crew can not help you lift and carry your items. However, they can help the passengers who need to visit the lavatory go to the lavatory and return to their seats. We would like to remind you that our cabin crew can not help you with the personal care, taking drugs, eating or child care/ assistance during the flight. In case of a possible emergency and evacuation, our cabin crew will show maximum effort to ensure your evacuation. For the visually impaired passengers, our cabin crew will unpack and serve your food and beverage upon your request.
Services Offered to Visually Impaired Passengers
We pay attention to make the visually impaired passengers board before the other passengers together with their companion and/or ground handling officer. Our cabin crew will meet you at the door of the aircraft during boarding. And they will introduce themselves and accompany you to your seat. If you have hand baggage, they will help you carry your baggage and place it in the overhead bins and give it back to you with your approval. We have safety cards in Braille alphabet available in all our aircrafts to inform you about the flight safety rules. Our cabin crew will give you this card and stand by you while you read this card, and explain the safety rules practically. Thus, you will be informed about the access to the equipment you need in a case of emergency. Safety information will be delivered to you to keep during the flight. If you do not know Braille alphabet, our cabin crew will explain you the safety rules verbally and practically.
Services Offered to Hearing Impaired Passengers
We pay attention to make the hearing impaired passengers board before the other passengers together with their companion and/or ground handling officer. Our cabin crew will meet you at the door of the aircraft during boarding. And they will introduce themselves and accompany you to your seat. If you have hand baggage, they will help you carry your baggage and place it in the overhead bins and give it back to you with your approval. We display subtitled safety films to inform you about the safety rules. You can also find the safety cards available in your seat pockets or behind the seats. As the safety film will not be displayed when the video system is not active, cabin crew will demonstrate you the safety instructions manually and/or using the announcement book. If required, cabin crew will communicate in writing.
Disables Passengers Accompanied by Guide Dog
Passengers accompanied by guide dogs are not allowed to sit at emergency exit row. Such passengers should be seated in the front rows as much as possible, and the nearby seats should be left unoccupied with re-seating if possible. Guide dog should wear a face mask at all times and sit at the feet of its owner with collar. (regardless of weight)
Visually Impaired and Hearing Impaired Passengers
• Medical report is not requested from the visually and hearing impaired passengers; and they can travel without companion. However, both visually and hearing impaired passenger can not travel without companion.
• Guide dogs are accepted on board the aircraft free of charge with reservation. Guide dogs accompanying the passengers are accepted in the cabin without cage. The dog should be clean, its mouth should be covered and it should sit at the feet of its owner. The guide dog accepted on board should have whole and complete set of valid health certificate, identity card, vaccination card or all documents required pursuant to the rules of the destination country.
Passengers with Reduced Mobility
• Medical report is not requested from the disabled passengers; however, the disabled passengers who can not meet their needs alone and can not evacuate the aircraft alone when required are not allowed to travel without having a companion.
• Disabled passengers are given priority for ticket and baggage processes and boarding. Note: Unfortunately, cabin crew can not help you with the respiratory equipment, eating, drug follow-up and lavatory needs during the flight. However, they can help you go to the lavatory and return to your seats.
Passengers Who can Be Accepted in Our Flights With Medical Report
Passengers, the diseases and periods thereof are listed below, are not accepted in the flights for the mentioned periods. However, they can travel with a medical report including the expression “the passenger is in a condition to travel by air” if they make declaration or special request before the flight.
• By-pass operation, cardiac infarct; They can travel after 10 days from the date of operation with a medical report up to 2 months; after this period, no report is required.
• Thoracic surgery; They can travel after 11 days from the date of operation with a medical report up to 2 months; after this period, no report is required.
• Suture/Stitch; If suture placed on the surface is a simple skin cut, no need report. For other major cuts require a doctor's report.
• Hearth catheterization; Medical report is required within 24 hours after the operation; after 24 hours, no report is required to travel.
• Angiography; Medical report is required within 24 hours after the operation; after 24 hours, no report is required to travel.
• Cerebral bleeding; The passenger can travel after 5 days from the occurrence of the bleeding up to 14 days accompanied by a nurse with a medical report; after 2 months, no report is required to travel.
• Gastrointestinal bleeding; Medical report is required up to 7 days from the occurrence of the bleeding; after 7 days, no report is required to travel.
As Atlasglobal, we inform you about the safety rules in our flights and the actions to be taken in case of emergency through the following applications:
Pre-flight safety information (video film and/or cabin crew demonstration),
Safety card prepared in Braille alphabet for the visually impaired passengers,
Announcements made by cabin crew,
Cards showing the safety instructions available in the seat pockets or behind the seats.
Our cabin crew will help you in case of emergency during the flight.
Please carefully listen/watch the instructions given by cabin crew in case of emergency and comply with the instructions.
If you travel without companion, you are required to be able to fulfill the following requirements in case of emergency:
• To fasten and unfasten the seat belt,
• To wear the oxygen mask falling from overhead panel in case of sudden decrease of pressure,
• To wear life vest. We would like to remind you that you should be accompanied by a person who can help you if you need assistance for the said situations.
Post Flight Services
As Atlasglobal Ailines, we help you get off after all passengers leave the aircraft to make the disembarkation more comfortable for the passengers with disability or reduced mobility. After the aircraft reaches the destination point, your ancillary equipment in cargo section (wheel chair, walker etc.) is delivered to you at the exit of the aircraft. In international flights, we can take you to the passport control point in company with the ground handling personnel. Ground Handling personnel will help you take your baggage and accompany you to the exit of the terminal. In case of baggage loss or damage, you can contact with Lost-and-Found Office in the airport.
Passengers may submit their complaints to Atlasglobal Airlines through 7/24 telephone line, by filling in form at the website, by e-mail, feedback form on board, letter and fax.
Atlasglobal Airlines submits the statistical evaluations of the complaints submitted by the passengers with disability or reduced mobility to Directorate General of Civil Aviartion in January, April, July, October of every calendar year.
Assistance and Adjustments for The Passengers With Disability or Reduced Mobility
The assistance to be provided for the passengers with disability and/or reduced mobility under SHT-ENGELSİZ directive published by Directorate General of Civil Aviation is provided in coordination with Ground Handling Companies.
1. Providing necessary convenience at help points,
2. Taking from a determined point to check-in counter,
3. Check-in and baggage registration,
4. Completing the immigration, customs and security procedures and taking to the aircraft,
5. Boarding with the help of lift, wheel chair or other necessary aids,
6. Taking from the aircraft door to the seat and seating,
7. Placing and giving back the baggage in the cabin,
8. Taking from the seat to the aircraft door,
9. Disembarkation with the help of lift, wheel chair or other necessary aids,
10. Completing the customs and immigration procedures and taking to baggage hall and receiving the baggage,
11. Taking from baggage hall to the determined point and/or to the point requested by the passenger with disability and/or reduced mobility within the airport,
12. Reaching the connection flights in transit together with the assistance on airside/landside and inside/between the terminals,
13. Taking to the lavatories when required,
14. Getting access to ATM and/or other social facilities,
15. Evacuation of the disabled passengers if an emergency situation occurs when the disabled passengers are in the airport or during the flight.
16. If requested, the companion is given a seat next to the passenger with disability or reduced mobility, and necessary convenience is provided to get on/off.
17. The services for the carriage of electrical wheel chairs and similar equipment of the passengers with disability or reduced mobility are provided within the available space limitations on board the aircraft and according to the legal regulations on dangerous goods provided that it is notified at least 48 hours prior to the flight. Except for the medical devices, each passenger with disability or reduced mobility is allowed to carry maximum 2 pcs. of equipment providing mobility including electrical wheel chair.
18. Necessary convenience is provided to carry the basic mobility devices and other necessary support equipment of the passengers with disability or reduced mobility on board the aircraft according to the safety rules.
19. Necessary information related to the flight is submitted in accessible format.
20. Guide dogs are allowed on board the aircraft.
21. Safety cards in Braille alphabet are kept available on board, and the sign language convenience is provided in demonstration films displayed according to the aircraft type.
22. As per the safety requirements, a sitting arrangement is made on board the aircraft to enable the passengers with disability or reduced mobility to meet their needs. Disabled passenger is boarded according to the sitting arrangement determined, and helped to get off according to his/her place of sitting.
Special Meal Service
What are the special meals that can be ordered on your flights? Our passengers can order special meals due to eating habits, health related diseases or personal preferences. Special meals should be ordered up to 48 hours before the departure time in flights departing from İstanbul and 54 hours before other international fligts.
THE LIST OF MEALS AS BELOW:
LFML - YES - (LOW CHOLESTEROL,LOW FAT MEAL)
AVML - YES - (ASIAN VEGETARIAN MEAL)
LSML - YES - (LOW SODIUM, NO SALT ADDED MEAL)
LCML - YES - (LOW CALORIE MEAL)
BBML - YES - (INFANT/BABY FOOD)
FPML - YES - (FRUIT PLATTER)
VLML - YES - (VEGETARIAN MEAL (LACTO-OVO)
DBML - YES - (DIABETIC MEAL)
SFML - YES - (SEA FOOD MEAL)
VGML - YES - (VEGETARIAN MEAL (NON-DAIRY))
MOML - YES - (MOSLEM MEAL)
NLML - YES - (NON-LACTOSE MEAL)
CHML - YES - (CHILD MEAL)
BLML - YES - (BLAND/SOFT MEAL)
KSML - YES - (KOSHER MEAL)
RVML - YES - (RAW VEGETARIAN MEAL)
VOML - YES - (VEGETARIAN ORIENTAL MEAL)
VJML - YES - (VEGETARIAN JAIN MEA)
PRML - YES - (LOW PURIN MEAL)
HNML -YES - (HINDU MEAL)
LPML- YES - (LOW PROTEIN MEAL)
GFML- YES - (GLUTEN FREE MEAL)
HFML- YES - (GLUTEN FREE MEAL)
ORML- YES - (ORIENTAL MEAL)
SPML- YES - (SPECIAL MEAL REQUIR.NOT COVERED BY SPEC.CODE)
What are the special meals that can be ordered on your flights?
Our passengers can order special meals due to eating habits, health related diseases or personal preferences. Special meals should be ordered up to 48 hours before the departure time in flights departing from İstanbul and 54 hours before other international fligts.
Can a minor passenger travel alone?
1. Unaccompanied travel of the minor passenger is subject to written permit of the parent or legal representative.
2. The reservations of all stages of the travel should be final for unaccompanied travel of the minor passenger.
3. Unaccompanied Minor Flight Authorization Form is filled at the airport for UM passenger. Identity and contact information of the parents and/or legal representative who bring/pick the minor is required on this form. Form is signed by the parent or legal representative. A copy is given to the parent and/or legal representative.
4. Ticket, passport or other documents of UM passenger are put in UM bag and this bag is hung around the neck of the minor and the minor is delivered to a boarding officer.
5. Parent or legal representative of UM passenger has to wait in the airport until the plane takes off.
6. Boarding officer takes the UM passenger aboard last.
7. Airline Company is responsible for transfers or waiting in the transfer hall of UM passengers. Parents or legal representatives at departure and destination airports of UM passengers who can not continue the flight due to any reason at any of the transfer points are informed and they are sent to original departure airport or provided hotel service accompanied by an attendant.
8. UM passenger is delivered by a person assigned by the Airline to the person whose name is written in UM form after his/her identity is checked and against signature.
9. UM passenger can not be seated near the Emergency exits.
Carrying the Passenger on Stretcher
Do you offer the service of carrying sick passengers on stretcher in your flights?
Yes, we do.
Stretcher service is not available at flights to/from England and Schengen countries.
What are the procedures for requesting a stretcher?
- Stretcher requests should be made at least 48 hours before departure by calling our call center 0850 222 00 00 or by your travel agency. ( Requests made in the last 24 hours cannot be processed.)
- We would require a medical certificate issued a maximum of 10 days before departure by your physician to certify fitness to travel and the requirement to travel on a stretcher as well as the need for the patient to be accompanied by a medical doctor or a nurse. If it is stated that there is no need for a medical companion, the patient can travel with an adult companion that has the knowledge about the patient's medical state and could attent to her/his needs. (Atlasglobal doesn’t assign a flight attendant as medical escort) If there is also a demand for oxygen during travel, this requirement must be added to the report mentioned above by the terms stated at the 4th subject. The medical certificate mentioned above must be written either in Turkish or English. Translations of the doctor's reports in other languages must be approved by the station manager.
- We would require the contact information of the patient's physician and the medical escort, in addition to that, the contacts of the person at the departure and arrival points.
- While making the reservation, it must be stated wheather the patient requires supplemental oxygen and how many litres (2lt or 4lt). Atlasglobal would answer this need according to this information. The patient’s own oxygen tank could not be accepted in cabin. It could be carried only if they’re completely empty. The fee for oxygen carriage is 50 TL in domestic flights and 50 USD in international flights.
- It is the passenger's responsibility to arrange an ambulance at the arrival and to submit the related information as the ambulance company name and phone number to our side during the reservation.
- For technical reasons the provided stretcher can not be used for hospital transfers. The stretcher of the ambulance could be used for this. According to every airport infrastructure, the transfer of the patient from the airport to the aircraft is made by the airport’s own ambulance and the payment is covered by the patient.
- The stretcher service fee is equal to 6 tickets booked in Y class of the selected flight. This will include the ticket of the patient and the stretcher. Medical escort and the accompanying passenger's tickets should be purchased separately.
- Stretcher can not be positinoned at Business Class
Carrying Firearms and Ammunition
Do you offer the service of carrying sick firearms and ammunition in your flights?
Passengers carrying sharp objects and firearms and the munitions cannot be accepted in passenger cabin regardless of their reasons and positions. Passengers and flight crew are not allowed to carry weapons in cabin and cockpit.
Even passengers who have to travel with weapons due to any reason (bodyguards, soldiers, police, security officers, etc.) are not allowed to carry their weapons in the cabin; they have to observe special security procedures to carry their weapons. Armed passengers have to hand over their weapons to the officers at the weapon delivery point in the airport.
Armed forces (police, gendarmerie, military) who have to travel abroad(including North Cyprus), will asked to present a consent stating the permission to export weapons, received mutually by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of both countries, when they are leaving their weapons at the police officers at the delivery station to be carried as hold baggage. Otherwise, they can not carry their weapon.
All weapons should be in empty condition. They should be placed in wooden, metal, fiber etc. boxes and packed appropriately.
Many countries have restrictive rules. Any firearms for which the passenger has hunting certificate, license for personal use are received at the airport entrance by security or they are delivered to security officer.
Firstly, passenger leaves the weapon at the weapon delivery desk, goes to the counter receives the boarding pass, presents the boarding pass to weapon delivery desk. He/she gets a label number for the weapon; weapon security office places the weapon in a special security case. Weapon is loaded to the baggage compartment of the aircraft as registered baggage by security officer. A message is sent to the relevant units in transit, transfer arrival points also specifying the seat number of the passenger. Passenger goes to the weapon delivery officer at the arrival point, and receives his/her weapon showing his/her label number, identity card.
Any sharp, pointed and other weapons-tools may be carried in cargo compartment after appropriately packed.
Blank cartridges of 1.4.S group for personal use of the passenger, securely encased and not exceeding 5 kg including the package (UN 0012 They are the projectiles fitted with a centre or rimfire primer and smokeless or without bullet despite being filled with gunpowder and they are used for training greeting and priming.) and non-explosive ammunition with core (UN 0014 ammunition whose core is not explosive but filled with impulsive material) are allowed to be carried in cargo compartment.
Weapons and projectiles are included in free baggage.
No additional charge is claimed.
In case of excess weight, excess baggage procedure is applied.
Normal weapon procedure is applied for toy guns.
Weapons and firearms specified below ARE NOT CARRIED in cabin and passenger hand baggage. If security units approve, they are loaded to CARGO compartment of the aircraft by the security unit and CARRIED.
Any diameter of firearms and riffled arms.
Any diameter of smooth-bore shotguns and pump-rifles
Imitations and simulants and toys of firearm
Hidden and camouflaged weapons (Pencil guns etc.)
Weapon parts (Telescopic sighting devices)
Ball ejecting weapons (plastic and metal)
Catapult and slingshots
Electric shock devices
Lighters in the form of gun
Industrial bolt, nail and spear guns
Spring and arrows
Animal anesthetic devices
Popguns and primers
Piercing and edged weapons specified below ARE NOT CARRIED in the cabin and passenger HAND baggage. If security units approve, they are loaded to CARGO compartment of the aircraft by the security unit and CARRIED.
Sharp pointed weapons and items
Axe and types thereof
Arrows and darts
Spear, pike spear
Flick, swivel knives
Diving Materials (Diving knife etc.)
Skateboards and skis
Stick type sport equipments
Cables and clamps
Scissors (Sharp pointed larger than 6cm)
Shaving razor, knives and razors